Monday, April 15, 2013

Disney Principled BSDF

I implemented the diffuse and specular parts of the Disney "principled" BRDF (slidesnotes), a new multipurpose analytic BRDF from Walt Disney Animation Studios, created for Wreck-It Ralph and designed to match MERL measured data. The results look great. Below are a few images that I've rendered in my bidirectional path tracer using this BRDF.

For the following image I used the Disney "principled" BRDF for all of the surfaces except the two glass balls (and the lights and sensor).

An image I rendered in my bidirectional path tracer. All of the surfaces except the glass balls use the Disney "principled" BRDF.

For the following image, I used the Disney "principled" BRDF for the two monkeys in the middle, the wood and green plastic ones.

An image I rendered in my bidirectional path tracer. The wood and green plastic monkeys use the Disney "principled" BRDF.

A close-up of the wood and green plastic monkeys.

As usual, I haven't post-processed these images in any way outside my renderer, and you can click them to view them at full size.

1 comment: